According to article nine of the Articles of Association of the Indonesian Olympic Committee, the mission, roles, and objectives of the National Olympic Committee of Indonesia are:
1. Develop, promote and protect the principles and noble values of Olympism and the Olympic Movement in Indonesia in accordance with the provisions of the Olympic Charter.
2. Actualize and foster friendship and world peace and enhance the dignity of the nation through sports.
3. To increase and maintain the interests of the Olympic Movement in Indonesia, as well as to obtain public support for participation in the Olympic Games, Asian Games, SEA Games, and any other multi-national, international and regional multi-event sports activities.
4. Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Olympic Charter in Indonesia.
5. Support the development of sports achievement and other sports activities.
6. Provide sports administration training.
7. Oppose any form of discrimination and violence in sporting activities.
8. Enact and implement the World Anti-Doping Code, and therefore ensure that KOI's rules and policies regarding anti-doping, membership and/or funding requirements and management procedures follow the provisions of the World Anti-Doping Code and carry out every responsibility of KOI as an NOC as stipulated in the World Anti-Doping Code.
9. Encourage and support concrete actions concerning the elements of care and health of sportsmen.